Skip to main content
Cycling in Leuven
- You can rent a bike at several places in Leuven.
- The abbeys route is a bicycle tour that combines nature and culture. This will take you to Leuven’s four abbeys. Nice to know: you have the most beautiful view of the city from the Keizersberg Abbey garden. Although, you’ve got a serious climb before you get there.
- An ideal stop along the way is the In De Rozenkrans bicycle café where you can eat your own picnic on their sidewalk terrace while sipping on one of their drinks.
- An enthusiastic guide from the new ‘Lovely Leuven Bike tour’ organisation will lead you to the most beautiful spots and hidden gems in Leuven. You will get fun facts and anecdotes about the 20 or so stops along the way.
- You can plan your own route via the cycling network. These points are located on the most beautiful, safest cycling paths and can be identified by a number on a white & green sign. The major advantage of this system is that you as a cyclist can decide for yourself how far and along which route you want to cycle.
- Don’t worry if you get a flat tyre along the way! There are four ‘bicycle repair kiosks’ around the city that you can use for free. You will find a bike pump, screwdrivers, Allen keys, wrenches, and tyre levers.
- Would you like to get more personal tips? You’ll often find me at Lettuce Leuven in the afternoons; this is where I go take a break and recharge my batteries.